Sunday, June 6, 2010

Guest Blog 3! Great Inspiration!

Time is fleeting...don't let your journey be!

My name is Tasha, I have my home blog at www.thetashface.blogspot.com - it's a blog dedicated to my adventures! I left America in January of 2010, and I'm venturing all around the country of Australia for a year and a half, before moving to Ireland! So traveling is a huge part of my life...and I'm learning more and more each day.
Its hard to believe that I've already been living in Australia for almost 6 months - that means my time living here is a third of the way done! It has gone so fast! As I look back on what I've done so far, I'm quite pleased with my trip. It's great to be able to look at my time and feel like I've done something with it! In the past four months, I've traveled: around Sydney, to Byron Bay, The Blue Mountains, The Gold Coast, Newcastle, Port Stephens, Murwillumbah, Bega, Eden, Merimbula, Pambula, all around Tasmania, Melbourne...as you can see - its quite the list - and I still have a year left in Australia! So I am realizing the more I travel, how important it is to really document the journey...otherwise it just feels like "time gone by"...it all becomes a blur.

I have been using a few different methods of keeping track of my travels...
  • Photographs - of course! I always have my camera with me, even as I walk through my neighborhood in Sydney. I never regret taking "too many" pictures...but man-oh-man, I always regret those times I forget my camera (or forget to take pictures!!). That's the beautiful thing about digital, I don't feel guilty taking 60 pictures of just one hike! The more, the merrier!

  • Scrapbook - this is a fun way to organise pictures and ticket stubs/key cards/autographs/etc...and being an arts and crafts fiend like I am, its an enjoyable pastime for me :) a perfect way to "savour" the memories.
  • Journal/blog - its great to look back and see feelings and thoughts of each place I visit. I find that if I don't write about my adventures the same day it happens, then the longer I wait, the more I forget about the experience. That just shows how important it is to write about the journey...its a shame to forget such special feelings!
  • Goals - This is actually the most important of all of these to me! If I set goals for myself, like: swing from a jungle vine, visit every state in Australia, bungee jump in New Zealand, etc...it gives me motivation to get out and DO stuff, and I get a sense of accomplishment when I do the things I've aspired to do. I have a physical list, and I get such joy when I tick off the goal after I experience the dream! Goals are a lovely way of adding meaning and depth to traveling, and life!
If you've had hopes and dreams to travel...I say, get out and DO IT!!! Make it happen - I guarantee you won't regret it. Enjoy this life. Make the most of your moments, remember all the things you've seen, places you've been, and people you've met along the way.
Cheers!
Tash:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!